- Provides onset of relief within 4 hours
- Effectively controls itch within 24 hours
- Safe for short term and long term usage
- Can be used along with many other common medications, including parasiticides, antibiotics, and vaccines
- Uniquely targeted to stop the itch with minimal negative impact on immune function
- Controls pruritus associated with allergic dermatitis and controls atopic dermatitis
- Sold per tablet
- Additional Information
The active substance in Apoquel, oclacitinib, is an immunomodulator (a medicine that changes the activity of the immune system) that works by blocking the action of enzymes known as Janus kinases.
These enzymes play an important role in the processes of inflammation and itchiness including those involved in allergic dermatitis and atopic dermatitis in dogs. By blocking the enzymes,
Apoquel reduces the inflammation and itchiness associated with the disease.
Precautions Apoquel is not for use in breeding dogs, or pregnant or lactating females.
Dogs taking Apoquel should be monitored for the development of infections.
Product Agree Rx Manufacturer No Product Gift No